How to prepare a house for a good show
You have to make sure it's your house they come back to for a better look
A comfy and treasured house that’s priced right is always the best-seller. Here are some house selling tips that your potential buyers will love:
- The smell of freshly baked bread. Even if you’re not a baker, just go out and buy some brand name rolls. Put them in the oven and bake them very slowly at a low temperature.
- Put some colored flowers near the outside of the entrance (balcony or porch). For example, my favorites are red geraniums in a clay pot. You must make your front entry inviting. Decorate it, paint the door or buy a new one. It's the first look at your house, so make it a good one.
- Clean the drain gutters and sweep the driveway. If necessary pressure wash the house or sidewalks and enhance the landscaping. Your main goal is to make house buyers fall in love with the house as soon as they see it FROM THE STREET. And that comes with a bonus, a great overall impression is often enough to make a buyer more merciful about minor repair issues.
- Your kitchen door handles must shine. Shiny doorknobs do get noticed by house buyers.
- Everything from floors to windows must be absolutely spotless. Remember to clean the oven and other major appliances. Skylights should be crystal-clear, too. Do not forget to make bathrooms shine!
- Organize the closets.
- Lastly put some photos around your house, both new and old black and white photos. This will reinforce to your possible buyers the sense that a good strong family lives here.
© Copyright (C) 2003-2010 by Dominique Peladeau • 1stop-mortgagecalculator.com.
All Rights Reserved
886 de L'Epee ave., Outremont, QC, H3V 3V3 • (514) 571-9747 (9-5 EST)